With the new year in full swing, many working men and women are looking for ways to strike a balance between their work and personal lives. Work, family, and personal goals are just some of the many demands that compete for our time every day, and so it is easy to constantly feel frazzled and discontent.
Luckily, we have the technology to help us cope. Keep reading for 10 free apps that could help you in your journey of achieving a healthier work-life balance!
1. Cozi – This is a highly effective digital planner that includes various sections like a calendar, recipes, grocery lists and more. All your information is stored and organized so it’s easy to access.
2. Strides – With this app, you can prioritize all your daily aspirations to get where you want to be. The app will send reminders to keep you on track, and keep tabs on your progress to motivate you.
3. Happier: This wellness app helps users appreciate life’s simplicities through free courses that promote health and joy. Members can also share “moments” that make their hearts full, very similar to the way we share photos on Instagram and Facebook.
4. Simply Yoga: Achieving work-life balance is easier when the mind and body are both relaxed. But fitting in time each day to take a yoga class isn’t always doable. The Simply Yoga app lets busy professionals squeeze in a 20-, 40- or 60-minute workout wherever they are.
5. Headspace: Defined as the “gym membership for your mind.” Headspace is a mindfulness and meditation app that reportedly leads to increased happiness, compassion, and better health and relationships.
6. Toggl: This app is a critical step toward balancing work and life is setting aside time for each. Toggl’s time tracker app is an easy-to-use timer for diligent workers to ensure they aren’t running over their allotted time for working on a project or shopping at the mall.
7. The Instapaper: This app gives you a bookmark that lets you save articles and web pages you want to read, but don’t have time for. When you do find some free time on your commute home or while waiting in line at the store, you can access the app and start reading what you saved.
8. Google Calendar: The goals feature on this app was created for the person who doesn’t even have time to reschedule their daily or weekly goal. Users can just choose a goal that they want to accomplish and then Google Calendar will automatically schedule time for the goals based on when you have open slots in your calendar.
9. Timeneye: is a free visually appealing, non-distracting time tracking app for personal use to monitor how you spend your time on basically anything – from work projects to hobbies.
10. Pacifica: This app is comprised of five main activities: Mood, Relax, Thoughts, Experiments, and Health. Each activity allows users to reflect on their daily moods and thoughts over time, as well as challenge each person to face their anxieties to head on and push through them.
Photo Credits: Pacifica, Cozi, Timeneye, Google Calendar, The Instapaper, Toggl, Strides, Happier.