Whether you’re preparing for a long-term international trip or short-term domestic one, it is important to put just as much thought into what you pack in your carry-on bag as you would do your checked luggage.
Join us as we run through our carry-on bag packing list so you can stick to what’s essential for your trip, no matter where you’re headed!
- Boarding pass
- Copy of complete flight itinerary
- Copy of any transportation or accommodation plans I have made for arrival
- A physical address of where you will be staying
- Printout confirming I paid for an electronic visa
To be more organized, place the documents in the order in which you may need them and put them in a sturdy folder.
Bath & Body
- Hand lotion
- Contact solution (when I wore them)
- Toothbrush and mini-toothpaste
- Bath wipes to help you freshen up
- Face wipes or mini bottle of face wash and washcloth
Food & Drink
- Meal and/or snacks: Just in case the food on the plane doesn’t cut it, many travelers love to pack granola/muesli bars, protein bars or sandwiches to suffice.
- Water: Since you will not be able to carry one with you after passing through security, bring an empty bottle from home and fill up on the plane.
- Allergy pills, vitamins and other medication or supplements: You know, for emergency purposes.
- Eye mask
- Oral sleep aid, your own pillow, and blanket.
- iPod (or your music player of choice)
- Music, books, movies!
- 1-2 shirts (change of clothes)
- Outfit for a special occasion (you don’t want to take any chances or suffer the inconvenience of a lost checked luggage. With that being said, be sure to keep all your important outfits close to you!)
- Wallet with credit cards and other important cards
- Camera equipment
- Phone and car keys
Everyone has different needs and travel styles, and your list may vary based on your destination. Let us know what YOU love to pack in your hand luggage in the comment section below!